The Hole Montes, Inc. Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant is a pivotal member of the company. This position is the first point of contact for any visitors to the office or anyone contacting the organization.
The ability to multi-task, while providing administrative support is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
Receptionist duties and responsibilities of the job
- Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; transferring calls as necessary to appropriate staff.
- Take and ensure messages are passed to the appropriate staff member on a timely basis.
- Direct visitors.
- Manage Outlook Calendar for meeting rooms, vacation calendar, etc.
- Maintain company vehicle usage.
- Maintain employee and department directories.
- Maintain security by following procedures and monitoring camera security system.
- Maintain safe and clean reception area.
- Enter time & attendance for Survey team, as well as other employees as assigned.
- Assist with mailings for Planning Department
- Receive and dispatch deliveries
- Assist with mail and courier services as required (inter-office, USPS, UPS, FedEx)
- Assist the Planning, Land Development and Survey teams as directed by immediate supervisor with correspondence and document preparation
- Possibly handling event coordination, both internally and externally
- Possibly managing office supplies such as stationery, equipment and furniture
- All other receptionist/administrative assistant duties as assigned.
Receptionist job qualifications and requirements
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal)
- Previous receptionist, clerical and/or administrative assistant experience
- Professional demeanor
- Courteous telephone skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Experience with MS Office Word and Excel, with knowledge of Power Point a plus.