|Title:||Sr. Airport Engineer - Project Manager|
|Location:||Naples/Fort Myers, FL|
Sr. Airport Engineer – Project Manager
The Sr. Airport Manager – Project Manager position includes Engineering and Project Management for the entire life cycle of a project: capital improvement planning, grant facilitation, land acquisition, design, bidding, construction administration, and closeout. Projects may include federally-funded airport improvement projects and state airport improvement projects at general aviation and commercial service airports in southwest Florida.
- Work with minimal direction and at a high level of independence in resolving problems and establishing an approach for a solution.
- Attend project meetings and present specific aspects of engineering assignments/ projects.
- Act as the primary customer contact on status and performance and must anticipate and fulfill customer needs to ensure their satisfaction and continued business.
- Complete project initiation documents, which include detailed work scope/ outline, tasks, budgets, and schedules.
- Consult with supervisors on problems of design construction, or maintenance of municipal public facilities, prepare reports and make recommendations relating to the project and construction activities.
- Responsible for design and management of airport and/or site development engineering projects including ensuring completeness and accuracy of design effort.
- Responsible for the various design elements to complete a project, component, or system with other team members with clear and specified objectives involving conventional types of plans, surveys, investigations, structures, and/or equipment.
- Assist in the preparation of project scopes, tasks, budgets, and schedules.
- Evaluate, select, and adapt standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to project assignments; formulate and solve problems.
- Work on multiple projects of moderate to large size using time efficiently to stay within budget and timely delivery.
- Develop proposals including bid documents, project reports, studies, and other documentation.
- Interpret contract specifications and resolve conflicts with contractor on such matters as interpretation of specifications, workmanship, quality of materials, and related matters.
- Maintain a list of project milestones and issues in-progress.
- Prepare monthly project status reports and change orders.
- Conduct meetings with consultants, contractors, departments, stakeholders, and other appropriate staff to ensure communication with all parties from design of a project through construction and completion.
- Assist in marketing and business development pursuits
- Identify potential clients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to convey engineering decisions and concepts to non-technical and technically based audiences.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and oral communications.
- Knowledge and application of FAA Advisory Circulars for airport design and construction. Including but not limited to: runways, taxiways, aircraft parking aprons, grading/drainage, and pavement markings.
- Strong understanding of Federal/State funding and approval process.
- Understanding of basic building code requirements and of general construction practices, including new facility construction, upgrades of existing facilities, and other related construction work.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and clients.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines, and follow-up on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentially and protect privileged client information and documents appropriately.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and continuous improvement with decision making time management and delegation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of airport design experience
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Business development/client management experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid drivers’ license and maintenance of satisfactory driving record.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.)
Compensation and Benefits:
This is only a summary of our employee benefits; it is subject to change.
• Medical Insurance (PPO) with prescription drug co-pay or HDHP w/HSA
• FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life and AD&D Insurance (company paid)
• Supplemental Benefits (Voluntary Life and Long-Term Disability)
• Retirement Savings Plan (401k matching program)
• Direct Deposit
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Wellness Center Membership (company paid)
Founded in 1966, Hole Montes, Inc. is a full-service civil engineering firm with offices in Naples and Fort Myers. The locally owned company’s range of professional services include environmental, transportation and aviation engineering, as well as landscape architecture, site development, land planning, permitting, zoning, storm water management design, surveying and mapping. Hole Montes is strategically positioned to provide design and management expertise for Southwest Florida clients across multiple industries, including commercial and residential development, senior living, aviation, government, health care, education, retail, restaurants and entertainment.
Hole Montes Inc is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer www.holemontes.com