|Title:||Senior Principal Planner|
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Planning of Hole Montes, Inc. the Senior-Principal Planner works independently to provide support and project management for the preparation and processing of complex land use petitions for private sector clients and planning studies and land use regulations or policy for public sector clients. The Senior-Principal Planner also works closely with the land development and landscape architecture departments.
- Interprets and applies applicable state, county and local codes, ordinances, and regulations.
- Initiates actions necessary to correct deficiencies or violations of regulations.
- Conducts extensive research in specific or general project areas.
- Writes and presents formal and technical reports, resolutions, ordinances, working papers, correspondence and other material requiring accuracy and completeness.
- Applies professional planning principles, practices, and techniques to a wide variety of proposals, projects, and assignments.
- Works independently and exercises discretion and independent judgement.
- Effectively manages project budgets and deadlines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving skills to gather relevant information to solve less well- defined practical problems.
- Ability to review plans and apply provisions of the ordinances and codes to determine compliance with such regulations and to apply regulations to field conditions.
- Ability to take on a leadership role and initiative in internal working groups, public presentations, neighborhood meetings, and other related activities.
- Group facilitation skills for use with community workshops
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment as needed.
- Well-developed knowledge of planning principles and practices.
- Knowledge of principles, methodology, practices of research and data collection
- Knowledge of effective writing techniques.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software programs, which may include Microsoft Office, Internet applications, econometric or transportation modeling, database management, or GIS
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree with four years of experience in the planning profession or a bachelor's degree and six years of professional planning experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- AICP certification preferred.
- Valid drivers’ license and maintenance of satisfactory driving record required.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is only a summary of our employee benefits; it is subject to change.
• Medical Insurance (PPO) with prescription drug co-pay or HDHP w/HSA
• FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life and AD&D Insurance (company paid)
• Supplemental Benefits (Voluntary Life and Long-Term Disability)
• Retirement Savings Plan (401k matching program)
• Direct Deposit
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Wellness Center Membership (company paid)
Founded in 1966, Hole Montes, Inc. is a full-service civil engineering firm with offices in Naples and Fort Myers. The locally owned company’s range of professional services include environmental, transportation and aviation engineering, as well as landscape architecture, site development, land planning, permitting, zoning, storm water management design, surveying and mapping. Hole Montes is strategically positioned to provide design and management expertise for Southwest Florida clients across multiple industries, including commercial and residential development, senior living, aviation, government, health care, education, retail, restaurants and entertainment.
Hole Montes Inc is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer www.holemontes.com